Monday, 26 January 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #3



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey.

So, I haven't posted for quite a while... I have been reading but family life has been pretty hectic and I've been very disorganised - which isn't much of an excuse but it's the truth. With the festive season over and things finally a lot calmer I've become a bit more organised and plan to post at least weekly on top of reviews. So there'll be much more content from here on.



Read Last Week



As you can see I've been reading a bit of Adult Fiction lately. Both of these are fantastic books that I highly recommend them. Reviews of these and other books I've been reading in my absence will be coming shortly.



Currently Reading



This will be my first Donna Tartt novel and I'm pretty excited because I've heard such marvellous things about her writing. If I like this I'll be sure to check out her other work too.



Up Next


At the start of 2015 I realised how many books that have been sitting on my shelf, collecting dust, waiting to be read. So I am participating in 0 by 16, a project started by Max from Well Done Books, in an effort to reduce the amount of books on my TBR. To aid my efforts I've made myself a TBR jar and, as such, am unlikely to know what I'll read next. 


What are your reading plans for this week?



22 comments:

  1. I talk about my TBR pile in my Monday Report too. I have just about given up on ever reducing its size. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone is more aware of the amount of time their books wait between purchase and reading this year - hence all the TBR challenges. Hope you have a good reading week!

      Delete
  2. I hope to read Donna Tartt at some point, too. Hope you enjoy your reading, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know what I think, but I'm pretty sure I'll love The Secret History. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Still Alice is good , I am looking forward to the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to see the film sometime soon. Hope it's as good as the book!

      Delete
  4. I do want to read "Still Alice," but it looks absolutely heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heartbreaking but hopeful too. I'll be posting a review soon and I would recommend it to everyone :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Still Alice, and The Secret History is one of my favourite books. I am trying to tackle my tbr this year too. I hope you have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Secret History sounds like it will turn into one of my favourites too. I don't know why I put off reading it for so long! Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Still Alice looks like a great story from the small blurb on the cover, I must check up on it and learn a little more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great, I'd definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  7. Still Alice looks like a great story from the small blurb on the cover, I must check up on it and learn a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Still Alice or And The Mountains Echoed. I know they are good. I am behind the times I guess. :)

    I don't know Donna Tartt....I hope the book is good. It sounds as if it will be.

    Thanks for coming by my blog. Nice to see you stopped.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still Alice looks good. Have fun reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved Still Alice!

    Brooke at http://www.brookeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Still Alice and The Secret History.

    Have a good week Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of the TBR jar! I'll have to make my own.

    I was so upset when my book club decided to read Still Alice. It sounded like a hopeless tearjerker and I honestly kind of hate those. I read it anyway and was surprised to find that I actually kind of liked it. I guess that's what book clubs are for--to push us out of our comfort zones! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made a TBR jar a few months back, but I don't use it. I'm a bad reader, I know. Haha! Anyway, I want to read works of Khaled Hosseini. Hopefully, I'll get to it soon! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Still Alice, heartbreaking but such a great read, I can't wait to see the movie. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo I loved The Secret History!! Such a good book! I hope you enjoy it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cover for And The Mountains Echoed. I'm so intrigued by the two children looking at each other in front of a faded purple mountainous background. Also, I love your blog design! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete